Crowd Management and Passenger Safety
COURSE BOOKING AND FEE
Price: £85 + VAT
The course fee is charged in GBP. Country-specific VAT is applied at the checkout.
Booking: This course is available online through VirSec platform. To proceed with the booking, please click here. You will be redirected to the VirSec platform shopping cart to complete your purchase.
Crowd Management training is required for all personnel designated to assist passengers in an emergency, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Assessing the situation and providing an effective response.
- Leading and directing others.
- Identifying signs and symptoms of excessive personal stress, and the stress response to others.
- Understanding that stress can affect performance and the ability to act.
- Being aware of the reaction patterns of passengers and other personnel in emergencies recognising specific behaviours of passengers and other personnel.
This online training course is based on the guidelines of IMO Model Course 1.28, and STCW Regulation A-V/2 and aims to meet the mandatory minimum requirements for the training of masters, officers, ratings, and other personnel on passenger ships in STCW Code (2010): Section A-V/2 & A-V/3.
The course duration is approximately 5 hours. A slight variation is allowed for individual reading speeds, but this minimum must be met in order to successfully pass this course. Learners may enter and exit the course as often as they require. Your licence allows you access to the course for up to 6 months to complete (if required) or upon successful completion of the course.
- Introduction to Shipping Legislation
- STCW 2010 Requirements
- Safer Ship Operation
- Life-Saving Appliances and Control Plans
- Assembly and Emergency Embarkation
- Mustering Procedures
- The Psychology of Emergencies
- Design and Operational Limitations of the Ship
- Operating Hull Openings
- Legislation & Codes affecting Ro-Ro Passenger Ships
- Stability & Stress Requirements
- Special Equipment Maintenance
- Loading & Cargo Securing
- Dangerous Cargo Areas
- Emergency Procedures
- Life-Saving Appliances
- Case Studies: Tragedies from Maritime History
- Presentation of Past Maritime Tragedies
- Analysis of Mistakes Made
- Key Learnings & Recommendations
This course can be booked in bulk. Please, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.