RYA Essential Navigation and Seamanship Online
This course is suitable for anyone interested in sailing, motor boating, and works well in complementing our on-the-water training, such as PB2 or PWC courses.
ONLINE COURSE AVAILABLE ALL YEAR
- Online Course – after signing up, you will receive instructions and activation codes
- Access to the course during 1 year
- Pre-requisites: none. This is a course for absolute beginners.
- Duration: 8-10 hours
- Price: 149 euros
- Included in the price: RYA Study Pack including practice charts, exercises, RYA manual, plotter and dividers and access to examination via the RYA Interactive website.
- Your course pack is handed to you if you are local to our Training Center OR posted to an address of your choice. It includes a chart, Portland style plotter, dividers, course handbook, exercises and an electronic chart plotter CD.
- Your RYA certificate is posted out upon successful completion of the course.
This course is a great introduction to navigation and safety for new or inexperienced skippers and crew, and those wanting to refresh their skills.
It is suitable for anyone interested in sailing, motor boating, and works well in complementing our on-the-water training, such as PB2 or PWC courses.
It is also very useful as a lead-in course for someone who wants to complete a Day Skipper Theory course OR to refresh your knowledge before a Yachtmaster Course.
Course topics include: Charts and Publications, Safety, Engine checks, Buoyage, Tidal awareness, Visual and electronic navigation, Pilotage, Rules of the road, Anchoring, Weather forecasts, Passage planning.
All our courses are conducted in English. A sufficient level of understanding and speaking is required in order to successfully complete the course. Contact us if you have any questions.
Before booking the course, please make sure you read the course delivery, deposit and cancellation policy.