RYA Yachtmaster Offshore Practical Preparation & RYA Exam
The RYA Yachtmaster Offshore Practical Preparation course is for the candidates who have already completed the shorebased theory part and want to obtain RYA/MCA Yachtmaster Offshore Certificate of Competence for commercial endorsement to work at sea.
Place: Golfe Juan, France
Duration: 4 days practical preparation + 1 day Exam
Price: 1500 euros + RYA exam fees £260
Candidates for the course must:
1. Be at least 18 years old;
2. Hold RYA Yachtmaster Offshore Theory Certificate
3. Hold a VHF Marine Radio Short Range Certificate
4. Have a valid First Aid certificate (STCW 95 or other recognised certificate)
5. Have sea time: 2,500 NM* (half of it must be in tidal waters, outside of the Mediterranean) including at least five passages over 60 miles acting as a skipper for at least two of these passages; two of the passages must have involved overnight passages, a minimum of 50 days at sea.
6. To obtain your license commercially endorsed, you will need you take your PPR online course.
Full information on the RYA Yachtmaster Offshore Exam PRE-REQUISITES are to be found on the RYA official website: RYA Yachtmaster Offshore exam
The Yachtmaster pre-exam preparation runs over four days with the Offshore exam on the fifth day and night. The course covers all aspects of the Yachtmaster Offshore syllabus including night passaging, engineering, safety equipment and manoeuvres.
Our training vessel, a 10m twin screw motor yacht, is RYA coded and located in the Port of Golfe Juan, only 5 minutes walk from our office and classrooms.
The RYA Yachtmaster Practical Preparation course is for experienced skippers. We encourage the students to meet our instructor for prior assessment of their eligibility for the course.
Before booking, please make sure you comply with the course pre-requirements. If you would like to discuss this with our Training Manager, please send and email to email@example.com
All our courses are conducted in English. A sufficient level of understanding and speaking is required in order to successfully complete the course. Contact us if you have any questions.
Before booking the course, please make sure you read the course delivery, deposit and cancellation policy.