Yacht Steward(ess) Training
Our wide selection of crew training now includes the G.U.E.S.T Interior training program, the standard in Superyacht training.
If you need a boost to start your superyacht crew career or want to brush up on your yacht interiors skills, then this course is perfect for you.
Through our live practice sessions held on board our fleet of superyachts we can offer you a truly unique training experience.
INTRODUCTION TO YACHTING & YACHTING LIFE
- demographics of the yachting industry
- professional search for a position within the industry
- life at sea and maintaining health and wellbeing
- main departments of a yacht and the hierarchy & chain of command
- standards of personal presentation
- standards of attention to detail required onboard a yacht
- importance of communication
BASIC HOUSEKEEPING & LAUNDRY SERVICES
- professional presentation & eye for detail in all guest areas
- clean & detail guest cabins & bathrooms
- clean & maintain crew areas
- clean & maintain the fabrics, surfaces, & finishing's found in a typical luxury yacht
- professional laundry practices & procedures
- maintain & follow laundry duties efficiently
- respectfully & discreetly handle guest personal items
- pack & unpack guest luggage
- correctly hang, store & place guest garments & personal items
BASIC FOOD AND BEVERAGE SERVICES
- the principles of guest service
- high standards of presentation and etiquette expected
- different food service techniques
- basics of how to carry out food and beverage service on board a yacht
- basics of how to prepare mise en place for the service areas onboard
- practices promoting Food Safety
- understanding and recognition of special Dietary Requirement
BASIC WINE, BARTENDING AND MIXOLOGY
- factual knowledge of the basics of the world of wine
- basics of regions and grapes of the world relevant to the yachting industry
- basic principles of professional wine service
- correct wine storage onboard a yacht
- basic understanding of how to identify the main spirits and recognize the classic service for spirits
- basic understanding of how to recognise and use the required tools for cocktail making
- lbasic methods used to mix cocktails
- Place: Antibes / Golfe Juan
- Price: 1100 Euros
- Duration: 5 days
A 5-day comprehensive G.U.E.S.T approved Interior Introduction course for all crew working, or wanting to work within the superyacht sector. Our course includes:
- Complete understanding of yachting life
- Laundry, fabrics and furnishings, safety
- Introduction to food service
- Introduction to wine, bartending and mixology
The G.U.E.S.T program is accredited by the International Association of Maritime Institutions (IAMI) and is the only internationally accredited maritime hospitality program available to crew working in the luxury superyacht sector.
- Table settings
- Personal presentation
- Wine and mixology
- Communication and etiquette
Our trainings and packages do not include accommodation. However, we work closely with a number of crew houses in Antibes that offer accommodation. Please, check the list here.
All our courses are conducted in English. A sufficient level of understanding and speaking is required in order to successfully complete the course. Contact us if you have any questions.
Before booking the course, please make sure you read the course delivery, deposit and cancellation policy.